Grandma

Grandma
Grandma

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

At Long Last

At long last the outbound segments of this trip are planned:

Day 1:



Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

  • Checkpoint A - Chickamauga, GA

As you can tell, it took me quite a while to get through all the research to pinpoint adventures not too far off our route that would entrance the kids.  Out of all the sites I used, Oklahoma's was the best!  http://www.travelok.com/things-to-do/advanced  Their advanced search made it easy with options to search by activity type on specified highways.  While other states provide searches by city, for those of us passing through, having the highway option is infinitely preferable.
 
Awaiting the launch of our trip, my oldest son has a Super Mario Brothers game, and my youngest has a dinosaur game awaiting.  We were able to procure a portable DVD player, and I've requested several DVD's from the library.  I'm also on the look out for a lap art center for my youngest.  Hopefully between all of the above and regular stops, my sons will endure the trip, and perhaps even enjoy it. 
 
Now, on to determining the child safety restraint laws state by state, and figuring out our return stops.